Sunday 1 December 2013

Jamberry Nails (Initial Review)

I am such a fan of nail art. Whether it be done in a salon, at home or using nail stickers.  Jamberry is an 'all over' nail wrap that can easily be applied from the comfort of your home.  With 6 simple steps to apply, this vinyl nail wrap is not made of nail polish.

The wear longevity of this product is said to be 2 weeks for nails and approximately 4 weeks for the toes.  With the likelihood of no chipping.  This is great for the woman on-the-go, who always wants that manicured look.

The application (my experience)

As I set up the required tools for application which included  a nail file, cotton pad + alcohol (or alcohol wipes) and a hair dryer; I thought to myself this would be tedious.  I soon found, out I was wrong. It was a quick easy process with no trimming of the product required (fit my nail bed perfectly).  When it came to trimming the ends off, to fit the length of your nails I found this part a little tricky.  Due to the material of the wraps, it was a bit difficult to get the wrap to lay smoothly on the tip of the 'free edge' on the nail (eventually I got it to work-by warming the wrap while it was on my nail and adding more pressure). However everywhere else the wrap applied and laid smoothly with no appearance of lifting. 

Tips for application:

-  Ensure there are no oils or residue on your nails for the best application.  

-  Use your blow-dryer on the highest heat to warm up the wraps properly (heat needed to activate the adhesive). 

-  When holding the wraps during this step,  I held it with tweezers because I found the air too hot to hold it with my bare hands.


Initial thoughts:

Love the product.  You can get intricate designs done quickly (they offer lots of patterns from simple to intricate in many colours).  I have worn this wrap for over 3 days and so far I really do like it (and I am amazed it is still on since I use my hands a lot).

They always have amazing deals on these nail wraps (so contact your closest Jamberry Nail representative).  Plus Christmas is right around the corner and this is a great stocking stuffer!

After application: 


Have you used Jamberry Nails?


A two week final review will be done.



*Disclosure: This is a sponsored review from a Jamberry Nail Consultant.  The product was not bought, but given for my honest review. Therefore all opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. I love that blue with the chevron like accent nail design! I was really into different shades of blue over the summer but now that it is freezing in Toronto I have taken to more Christmas themed colors.

    -Erica
    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly I find myself in love with blue this season, but definitely still using the oxblood, burngundy, red and plum tones to go along with the Xmas trends.

      Delete